About the Department
DR. ABHIJIT CHAKRABORTY
This department caters to diagnosing and treating gum ( also called periodontium ) diseases affecting the tooth and jaw. Teeth are affected by gum disease due to improper oral hygiene, use of different forms of tobacco products, and also due to common medical conditions like diabetes and osteoporosis.
They specialize in procedures like ultrasonic dental scaling ( routine cleaning of teeth ) and flap surgery ( advanced surgical cleaning of gums ) , which restore gum health. This department is primarily responsible for teaching and training the patients of maintaining their oral hygiene by good brushing practices and other aided dental products. They work in closed association with public health dentistry department for inculcating good oral hygiene habits among the masses.
- The Department has a Dedicated Soft Tissue Diode Laser for Painless and Bloodless Periodontal Flap Procedures
- In addition to Lasers , the department also has conventional Electrocautery Equipment for Bloodless Flap Procedures.
- Implants are routinely placed by the department , and the department has the state of the art Swedish W&H Physiodispenser and a Well Stocked Implant Kit.
- DR. SURUPA DUTTA RECEIVING FIRST PRIZE FOR PAPER PRESENTATION AT IDA WB STATE CONFERENCE 2017
- DR SOUMYA ROY CHAUDHURI RECEIVED 2ND PRIZE IN DISSERTATION PRESENTATION AT ISP NATIONAL CONFERENCE, 2017
- DR. SHABANA PARVEEN RECEIVING THIRD PRIZE FOR PAPER PRESENTATION AT IDA WB STATE CONFERENCE 2017
- DR. SUBHAPRIYA MANDAL RECEIVING SECOND PRIZE FOR POSTER PRESENTATION AT IDA WB STATE CONFERENCE 2017
- ORAL HYGIENE DAY CELEBRATION WERE CONDUCTED IN THE DEPARTMENT ON 1ST AUGUST 2017
- PROF DR ABHIJIT CHAKRABORTY , HOD , WAS AWARDED PhD BY WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES IN 2018.